Jaspar Group may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
The personal data we may collect includes:
• Name, address, telephone and email address
• Your birth date, gender and title
• Information about your source of funding and proof of identification
Jaspar Group does not usually process sensitive personal data (other than someone’s nationality, which is contained within their passport); however, it may be possible to determine sensitive personal data about someone based on information held about them.
Jaspar Group also processes personal data (such as names, address, telephone and email) on individual contacts at businesses and other organisations (such as professional advisers).
Newsletters and occasional mailings are made to those of the users, who have given their prior consent to it. If you do not wish to continue to receive such mailings or would like to subscribe to them, please contact the data controller. We may also collect details relating to:
• A contract related to that individual (i.e. to provide property search services);
• Complying with legal obligations
• To pursue interest of operating and promoting the success of the Jaspar Group business (such as retaining contact details for maintaining business relationships and marketing).
Jaspar Group will contact individuals by email or text if you have opted in to receive these communications.
Jaspar Group will occasionally email other organisations without their consent to marketing our services. We believe these may be of interest or relevant on the basis of past or present relationships or to build new ones.
You can unsubscribe from marketing by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Unsubscribe.”
Cookies and the Jaspar Group website
The Website contains links to other websites. We do not endorse or confirm the contents of any such website and accept no liability or responsibility for the contents or the use of such website. Please read the privacy statements upon entry to a linked website, as a matter of practice.
Recipients of personal data
Personal data you provide will be kept private and confidential and will not be disclosed or shared with other data controllers without your consent, other than in exceptional situations. For example:
• if Jaspar Group is legally required to disclose personal data, such as to law enforcement, or pursuant to a request from a regulator or a court order; or
• (if necessary) with professional advisers such as lawyers or accountants
Third parties who provide professional services to Jaspar Group (for example, IT providers and accountants) may on occasion have access to personal data held by Jaspar Group. However, these service providers will only access personal data on Jaspar Group’s behalf, for specified purposes, and in accordance with strict instructions.
Jaspar Group only uses third party service providers who have provided sufficient guarantees that your personal data will be kept safe and will always ensure there is a written contract in place which protects your personal data and prevents it from being used for any other purpose.
How long Jaspar Group stores personal data for
We anticipate that we will retain your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of the retention period, upon conclusion of any contract we may have with you, or until we are no longer legally required to retain it, it will be reviewed and deleted, unless there is some special reason for keeping it. Occasionally, we may continue to use data without further notice to you. This will only be the case where any such data is anonymised and you cannot be identified as being associated with that data.
How personal data is kept safe
Jaspar Group takes care of your information and has security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, damaged or destroyed, altered or disclosed. These include both physical security measures (such as keeping paper files in secure premises and shredding them when no longer required) and electronic security technologies (such as device encryption and anti-virus software).
In the unlikely event of a data breach, Jaspar Group will notify you, the ICO and any other relevant regulatory body of a breach when legally required to do so.
Your rights as a data subject
We commit to ensure that any data we process is correct and up to date. It is your obligation to make us aware of any changes to your personal information.
In some situations, you may have the;
• Right to be informed. This means that we must tell you how we use your data, and this is the purpose of this privacy notice.
• Right to request access. You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request
• Right to request correction. If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it.
• Right to request erasure. If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it.
• Right to object to the inclusion of any information. In situations where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it.
• Right to request the restriction of processing. You have the right to ask us to stop the processing of data of your personal information. We will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct.
• Right to portability. You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes.
• Right to request the transfer. You have the right to request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above, please contact give details of DPO or appropriate person.
Jaspar Group will try to respond to all personal data requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than 30 days if your request is detailed or you have made more than one request. There may be exceptions to the rights above and some situations where they do not apply.
Jaspar Group may need to request additional information from you to help confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. Jaspar Group may also contact you to ask you to clarify your request.
Fees for making a request
You may not normally have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). Jaspar Group may charge a reasonable fee if your request is beyond what is considered reasonable. We may refuse to agree with your request.
How to request information
Please contact Jaspar Group by writing to the address above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You rights to complain
The supervisory authority in the UK for data protection matters is the Information Commissioner (ICO). If you think your data protection rights have been breached in any way by us, you are able to make a complaint to the ICO.
Updates to this policy
Jaspar Group will update this policy occasionally, so please check back. The latest version will always be posted on www.jaspargroup.com
This policy was last updated on 5th January 2023.